When a tractor-trailer or truck injures you, you’ll need the best truck accident lawyer in Buffalo. Our experienced truck accident attorneys have pursued personal injury claims involving negligent truck drivers throughout New York State.
If you have been injured and need a truck accident lawyer, we’ll come to you for a free consultation. Contact us by filling out our form or call us at 716-600-0000 or 585-600-0000. Continue reading below for more information about truck accident injury lawsuits.
If an 18-wheeler or other large truck collides with a car or SUV at high speed, the people in the passenger vehicle don’t stand a chance. Truck accident personal injuries are usually catastrophic and sometimes deadly. There are millions of trucks on the roads every day, and their drivers often face tight deadlines. That’s a recipe for disaster.
If a truck accident has injured you or a member of your family on any highway in New York State, you’ll need a skilled a New York truck accident attorney to make sure you are fully compensated for your losses. Truck accident attorney Steve Boyd has more than 15 years of experience in handling truck accident injury cases.
Steve Boyd is a top-rated truck accident lawyer in Buffalo, New York, who has handled injury cases throughout New York State. He has practiced personal injury law for two decades and is the only New York truck accident attorney to graduate from both of the top two trial colleges in the United States.
Steve leads our team to make sure we preserve critical evidence related to the crash. We use experts from around the country to help prepare each case. Our investigators will identify and interview eyewitnesses. In many cases, we retain crash experts to reconstruct the crash scene and help the jury understand what happened during the collision. Our Buffalo truck accident lawyers submit evidence of current and future medical and wage expenses to allow the insurance company and the jury to understand the full extent of our client’s losses.
Truck accident lawyer Steve Boyd has obtained millions of dollars in settlements for his clients in Buffalo and throughout New York State. Steve regularly travels great distances to personally meet with people who have been injured in a truck accident and need an experienced truck accident lawyer. There is no charge to meet with us to discuss your options after being injured by a truck accident. You don’t pay legal fees until we win your case.
Large trucks are the most dangerous vehicles on the road. Throughout the country, and here in New York, trucking accidents cause countless deaths and injuries every year. Because of their size, speeds, limited visibility, and other factors, large trucks present a danger for the rest of us on the road.
When a truck accident injures or kills someone, the insurance company for the trucking company wants to limit the amount awarded in a settlement or verdict significantly. The insurance companies are very experienced at this type of litigation and will hire top lawyers to defend against any injury claim. As the top truck accident lawyers in Western New York, it is our job to make sure a jury understands the full extent of our client’s losses in a truck accident case.
Truck accident litigation is complex. The negligent parties can include the truck driver, the trucking company, and sometimes a government failure to properly mark a road hazard. At our truck accident law firm, we thoroughly investigate how the truck accident occurred to make sure all negligent parties are held responsible.
In every tractor-trailer or large truck crash, evidence at the scene needs to be gathered promptly. Insurance companies and trucking companies keep teams of truck accident attorneys and investigators on retainer to begin their defense within hours of any truck crash. Consulting with an experienced trucking accident attorney is essential any time a truck accident injures you.
Were you or you someone you know hurt in a truck accident? We are here to help with our truck accident lawyers in Buffalo, NY. Get in touch with us by filling our form or call us at 716-600-0000 or 585-600-0000.
The first challenge in a truck accident case is determining who is at fault for your injuries. In a car accident, one of the drivers involved is at fault. If a truck is involved, other parties may likely be liable. These liable parties may include:
- The Truck Driver: Truck drivers can be held responsible if the accident was caused by driver error, intoxication, distracted driving, or by violating the law and driving too many hours.
- The Driver’s Employer: Employers can be held liable if the accident was caused by overscheduling the driver or by failing to train the driver correctly.
- The Tractor and Trailer Owner: Trucking companies are also required to inspect trucks regularly. If a failure to properly inspect and maintain a truck leads to an accident, the owner of the tractor or trailer could be held liable.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you’ll need a personal injury attorney experienced in truck accident investigation and litigation on the case.
Truck accidents cause serious injuries. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Fractures — It’s common to suffer broken or fractured bones in a truck accident. This is because these types of accidents are almost always high-impact crashes. It’s not uncommon for a truck accident victim to break legs, arms, or ribs in a collision.
- Spinal Cord Injuries — When the spinal cord is compacted or stretched due to the force of the impact, permanent severe injuries can occur. Some people lose sensation and movement in parts of their bodies after a spinal cord injury. In the gravest cases, the victim can have paralysis as a result of a spinal cord injury.
- Brain Injuries — People inside the vehicle may hit their heads during a truck accident. Victims can suffer from brain injuries as a result. Concussions can cause acute pain, debilitating migraines, personality changes, and even more symptoms.
- Burns — Fires often occur in high impact collisions, and severe burns are a common injury in truck accidents. Burns are devastating to the victim, both physically and emotionally. Steve Boyd has handled cases for several burn injury victims and their families. We seek fair compensation when someone else’s negligence leads to serious burns, including second- and third-degree burns.
Truck accident cases are much more complicated than other traffic accident cases. Steve Boyd is an experienced truck accident attorney, and he’s ready to take on your case. Our team will make sure that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation that you deserve for your injuries, including lost wages, future medical expenses and the pain and suffering caused by a truck accident.
If you or a loved one were in a truck accident, contact Steve Boyd today. We’ll answer your questions so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.