Steve Boyd spent several years as a local television reporter in Buffalo while working to earn a legal degree from the University at Buffalo School of Law. He has been a practicing personal injury attorney in Buffalo since 1999 and helps people who find themselves in the situations he previously reported.
Steve has focused his entire legal career representing survivors of serious injury accidents. As a personal injury attorney in Buffalo, he has successfully obtained fair verdicts and settlements for his clients during that time.
Steve Boyd’s Honors and Awards
- Avvo.com attorney rating 10 out of 10 “Superb”
- Avvo.com “Top Contributor”
- New York Super Lawyer 2009-present
- Service Award: Genesee County Mothers Against Drunk Driving 2004
- Media Award: Bar Association of Erie County 1999
- Alumni of the Year: Hutch Tech High School 1999
- Heroism Award: Niagara Falls Mayor and Fire Dept. 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Bar Association of Erie County
- American Association for Justice
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Managing Partner, O’Brien Boyd, PC — 2001 to 2012
- Associate Attorney, Ballow, Braisted, O’Brien & Rusin, PC
- Reporter/Anchor, WKBW-TV
- Appointed by New York Governor as a Trustee of Erie Community College.
- Former Member of the Visit Buffalo Niagara Board of Directors
- Former Board Member of Mount St. Joseph Academy
- Former USA Swimming Official