Video: We Grew Up in Buffalo
Personal Injury Resulting From Medical Malpractice In Western New YorkOctober 11, 2013
Most medical providers in the Buffalo and Western New York region are hardworking and responsible caregivers. There are, however, cases where a medical provider’s actions are negligent or fall below the accepted level of care. When this happens, the victim may allege malpractice against either a particular medical professional or a group of medical professionals depending on the facts and circumstances surrounding the malpractice.
Listed below are some of the actions by a medical provider that may be considered grounds for a medical malpractice claim:
- Negligence on the part of the medical team in providing proper medical treatment and attention
- An incorrect or delayed diagnosis that is life-threatening to the patient
- Delay in starting treatment
- Failure to monitor the patient’s condition
- Administering the wrong medicines
- Anesthesia errors
- Injuries caused by surgical errors or due to the use of defective medical devices of any kind
- Leaving surgical instruments inside the patient’s body
- Injuries during baby delivery
- Use of abusive words or withdrawing of medicine and other necessities, including food and water
If you have experienced any of these potential medical malpractice issues, you may wish to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. We can be reached at 716-400-0000.